Hey y’all awesome people! I know some of you are doing the Chloe Ting 2019 challenge, so thanks for joining me! I’ve finished, and boy, was it a ride! (Click here to see my recap!)
I’ve been resting for the last few days, and I’ve decided to go officially crazy and start the 2020 SHRED! (I know, I know, I’m pushing it, for a beginner! Bring on the 🔥PRESSURE🔥 and keep me accountable!!)
I’ve passed the first rest day, and I’m now on Day #5. Directly related to the workout, I feel pretty good all over. In almost every Workout video, the exercises seem to really focus on the legs and gluteus muscle in particular. It’s important to end each workout with some deep leg stretches, or you will ache the next day! So, do yourself a favor, and don’t forget to do the optional cool-down at the end.
Compared to the 2019 SHRED, more of these workouts are standing ones, which are fun! Make sure you’re wearing runners, or you might slip or twist your ankle. I’m greatly enjoying the lack of up-and-down-planks (😂), and the abundance of combo workouts! I’m more breathless doing these workouts but hey – what’s life without doing hard things?
For this specific challenge, here are some tips to have fun, stay loose, and give you your best chance of success!
- Begin to eat more healthily. Learn to average the correct diet percentages of protein, carbs and fat. Some people start with 20% protein, 50% carbs, and 30% fat, but depending on your activity level you can play with it a bit. This will enable you to gauge what you personally want and need, and which foods are good for your lifestyle. See this article for details.
- Stretch every day! Focus on those areas that were the hardest to hold in place/keep going with during your workout.
- Rub peppermint essential oil on your limbs and joints to help with flexibility. Breathing in peppermint can also assist in clearing your airway and help with blood flow.
- As always, pay close attention to the form. I know it can be hard to determine whether you’re arching your back or not, or whether you’re going deep enough into the stretch, but for any questions you may have, be sure to do some research. You may find a video that explains it in more detail.
- Be kind to yourself and your body! Don’t force yourself to finish a workout that will hurt you in the end. I literally, just today, fell really hard on my tailbone, and was unable to finish the Day #5 workouts!😱 But you know what? It’s okay! I did half of it already. Sometimes, you have to know when it’s merely mental block keeping you from finishing your workout, or something more serious, like an injury. I’m hoping that hot water, some essential oils, and tonight’s rest will fix me up enough to get back at it tomorrow.
Thanks for coming back to the blog! Be sure to subscribe for future content on faith, fitness, lifestyle and more!
Have a great day everyone!