Do you remember when you were smashing your goals every day and felt overwhelmed but amazing? I remember. I’d like to say that everything has been peachy with me the past few weeks, but I’ve really let myself go! A lot of things have been changing in my life, and many have acutally been positive changes, but I’ve allowed that to become an excuse for discarding habits that I didn’t feel that I had time for. Now, looking back and examining those habits I’ve almost lost, I can see how much happier I was with them.
Ever feel like your productivity has just gone down the drain? Not everyone can hold themselves to an amazing and responsible schedule non-stop. Don’t stress about it – give yourself a little grace, and feel free to start over and get back into a routine that refreshes you, whether that includes adding more of your passions to your life, or taking out some energy-suckers that aren’t worth the time you put into it.
So, because everyone loves lists, here’s a checklist for getting your lifestyle back on track with your happy place!
- Hold yourself accountable to your goals! I’ve stopped myself from pursuing a goal so many times, because I “didn’t feel like it”. When other people know and will check up on you, you feel pushed to accomplish it (or merely slug your way through it!) so you don’t disappoint them or get publicly embarrassed. Sharing my goals with all of you on blogging may not have helped you very much, but it has been a TERRIFIC motivator for me, to, as Nike says, “Just Do It!” Mah fans are watching … 👀
- Re-evaluate what you want in your life. If your plans, schedule, or priorities have changed, that goal you made last month might not be relevant to your life anymore! Being conscious of your long-term goals, lifestyle, and future plans can keep you from working on a goal that doesn’t satisfy you, or direct you towards a new goal that will take you closer to what you want!
- Make a plan. Diving in is great, but make sure you take the time to elaborate on specifics, mark up a schedule, and set boundaries for yourself, so you are fully prepared for the changes you want to make, and the struggles you’ll encounter on your journey.
- Pray for strength and guidance. I don’t know about you, but it lifts me up so much to know that my Heavenly Father is rooting for me in something, and gives me the will to do it. It might seem trivial to ask Him for help in chores, or selfish to pray for some alone time, but your Heavenly Father hears you and knows what you need, and is willing and loves to give good things to the children He loves.
- Force yourself. It’s going to be very hard to get back into a good habit, possibly harder than it was to enter it in the first place. Don’t go easy on yourself, because if you do, you’ll never get around to the concrete-smashing mold you need in order to firmly cement that habit. These days, its incredibly hard for me to pull myself away from something I desperately WANT to do in order to do something I desperate NEED to do. Take the unnecessary things off your “to do” list, and get out and force yourself to ACTUALLY do the important things.
- Consider what matter most to you in life. This is something I’d really encourage all of you to do. I have friends and family who have struggles going on, and I’d just really advise you all to get down to the basics – think about what REALLY matters to you in life. (For me, #1 is Faith, and all that it entails – but personality-wise, I really treasure friendships, writing, health, being active and in nature, and adventure-ing.)
I hope y’all really enjoyed these tips! I compiled them one at a time, coming back to them every once in a while to add something. Let me know if you think I should add anything, and lets chat in the comments! 👏