Hello everyone! It’s May, and it feels so good to be back on the blog! My break was so amazing, and I learned so much through it!
But first, a recap …
Most of my goals from April were routine-based, and I was surprised to find that I’ve been doing really well with all the goals! Currently, I’m reading through Numbers, am on Lesson 52 in History and English (woohoo!), and I have a way better morning routine! Lately, I’ve been doing my schoolwork at the kitchen table, which has been an interesting switch and a bit of a jump start to help me get into the mindset of “okay, I’m working on my new routine now!” XD
- Finish History and English Lessons 50-80.
- Finish reading through Numbers and Deuteronomy, and then read through Joshua, Judges, and then my very favorite book, Ruth!
- Get through 5 Math “Lessons”.
- Walk every morning (every morning I have off from work)
- Add affiliate links to my website. (I made a website!! (With a lot of help from others, including time-generous friends!) On it I’ll be posting articles related to the Ron Paul Curriculum, and why you should sign up! Here I go sounding like some internet freak who just wants to make a buck, but seriously y’all, I’ve been recommending this curriculum even before I got my affiliate website set up. It may not work for all students, but it sure has a lot of advanced and interesting courses and materials, and I definitely recommend checking it out!)
- Practice piano for 1 hour, 5 days a week.
- Nitrotype. Every day. 10 min. *sighs the greatest sigh in the existence of the universe* If you know me personally, you know that I have an extreme non-like for video games. Nitrotype, however, is what my family recommends for my, shall we say, less than satisfactory typing skills. 😉 So, its car-racing I go … but only as much as I absolutely, positively must. *sighs an even bigger sigh*
I’ve got a lot of goals this month! Never mind the busyness of life, or the unexpected day to day happenings, now I’ve got personal and educational goals than before! I guess this is where my word of the year comes in … Determination. And that’s part of where my motivation post (read it here) will come into large play this month, because not only am I lacking motivation, I am also feeling procrastination – a lack of desire to do the work in order to succeed – which is a killer of hopes and dreams and everything in between.
In addition to that, I’ve also been feeling a lot of pressure coming at me, career-wise. Well-meaning people asking me what I want to do after high school, telling me to go ahead, that God would keep me from that which wasn’t his Will … but that doesn’t sit right with me. I feel a pull to do something I don’t want, and every time I read a passage about surrendering my life to God, I feel as though I haven’t yet.
I’ve found myself wishing and wishing that God would somehow yank me out of the now and place me into the then. Impart His Will without me having to worry about whether or not I’m doing the right thing. But God doesn’t impart His Will without consent. We each have to CHOOSE our way of life, and try our best to align it with what God has said to us all that He wants us to do, and what He wants us specifically to do, personally. So, that part of my life (my future) is kind of “on hold” right now, and while I’m thinking and preparing and praying and waiting for a sign, God is still preparing me for His Plan. I just need to trust Him.
So what does the Bible have to say about these struggles; not knowing where you’re going, and procrastinating in carrying out the steps? I found plenty of sayings in Proverbs which really seemed to hit the nail on the head.
“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”Proverbs 16:9, NKJV
“Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.”Proverbs 16:3, NKJV
“There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.”Proverbs 19:21 NKJV
“But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.”Isaiah 32:8, NIV
” For as he thinks in His heart, so is he.”Proverbs 23:7, NKJV
These verses serve to remind me that my thoughts are powerful, that God’s plans are better, and that, in time, all will be resolved. But, as I’m sure many of y’all know and understand, it’s still hard! 😌
(I know, really motley bunch they are, don’t judge! XD)
That’s it for today, everyone!! What are some of your May goals? Have any future/life advice for me? And, most importantly, how has God worked in your life recently? Feel absolutely free to share in the comments below!