Hey fabulous people!
I started the Chloe Ting Shred Workout Challenge! Guys, I am so excited to share this with you because I finally found a workout I like!! *cheers*
My friend SonofYHWH made a post about how he wants to complete the Chloe Ting Two-Week Ab Workout, and I’ve decided to take the plunge and begin the Challenge! He’s asking people to keep him accountable and to do it along with him, so go ahead and join us both!
(Check out SonofYHWH’s post here!)
I’ve decided to do a little more than just the Ab Workout for these next two weeks … I’m doing the whole 2019 SHRED Challenge! (Yes, I know, it’s my first workout challenge ever, but I can do it. And so can you!)
So, the Challenge includes 5 different exercises, which are paired up differently for different days, and it also includes two rest days.
You guys, rest days are really important! The rest day is when your body actually begins to build the muscle, in addition to letting you rest the parts of your body you’re working on so you don’t get burnt out. So be sure to take a break every fifth day of the program, and to take at LEAST a four day break from intense workouts after you finish the Challenge.
(Check out the Chloe Ting 2019 Shred Challenge!)
Having already gone through five days of the program, here are my tips for your best performance in the coming weeks, should you decide to join me in the Challenge.
- Be sure to stretch before and after, even if it’s only a little. Stretching afterward is, in my opinion, one of the most important things to remember to do in tandem with your workout, because it causes your muscles (and potential muscle growth) to be relaxed and settled into their proper places, instead of leaving your workout tight and sore. Ballet dancers use and employ this technique for long, lean muscles.
- Use a protein powder for maximum results in gaining muscle and satisfying your daily protein count without micro-managing your diet.
- Don’t be afraid to make adjustments to the program for you personally. I’ve tinkered with it a bit, but it hasn’t changed the overall scope of the workout. You know what your body needs, and if you want to make a few small changes (swapping certain workouts, resting on different days, etc,) then go for it! Just keep in mind that too many adjustments can render the program less effective.
- Eat as healthily as you possibly can. Most people embark on workout challenges for either fitness benefits or prestige, but healthy food is important anyway regardless of whether you actually want results or not. Just be aware of what you’re putting in your body. Think “Will this help my body function well through my physical activity for today, or will it drag me down and slow my progress?”
- Make sure to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinking water can get boring, but you can force yourself to get your quantity by flavoring it, keeping a bottle handy at all times, or sipping while at your desk.
- Have fun! Don’t pressure yourself! A workout challenge can be way too stressful if you’re always pushing your body to the point of exhaustion. Take it easy – working out should never be a burden.
So people! If you want to do something awesome with 25 to 50 minutes of your day for the next two weeks, then join us! 😉 I hope you all have tons of fun with these workouts and feel awesome about your results!
Stay awesome, y’all!
Are you going to join me in the SHRED challenge? Are you currently doing it? What are you doing differently during this challenge, and what are your best tips for staying hydrated and loose while working out?